Product or Service
Profile:Manufacturer - Producer|Ref:PSL106441YH | Country: China | Currency: | Export: No
Molecular formula:(NH4)2S2O8 Molecular weight:228.20
Ammonium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odourless salt. It is used as initiator for the polymerisation of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many application. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having a particularly good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
Active oxygen 6.91%MIN
Residue after ignition 0.02%MAX
Chloride and chlorate 0.001%MAX
Heavy metals 0.0005%MAX
Storage and Handling:
APS is not combustible but assists combustion of combustible materials due to release of oxygen. Provided it is stored under approriate condition. It must be stored dry in closed containers and protected from direct sunlight, heat and humidity. Impurities such as dirt, rust or traces of metal and reductants may cause catalytic decomposition. The product as supplied or in solution needs to be handled with appropriate care. The eye, skin and clothes must be protected when working with APS. APS as damp powder or aqueous solution has a bleaching and slightly corroding effect.
Application of APS:
APS is a suitable initiaor for the emulsion or solution polymerisation of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for the emulsion copolymerisation of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc.. APS is also a kind of oxidizing agent:
(1) Used in cleaning and pickling of metal surfaces.
(2) Used in accelerated curing of low formaldehyde adhesives.
(3) Used in modification of starch, production of binders and coating materials.
(4) Desizing agent and bleach activator.
(5) An essential component of bleaching formulations for hair cosmetics.
(1)25Kg net weight paper bag with one PE line
(2) 25Kg net weight PE bag
(3) 25Kg net weight woven bag with two PE liner
(4) 25Kg net weight paper bag with one PE line
(5) 1000Kg net weight fiber drum with one PE liner
(6) 25Kg net PE bag and 25Kg net cartons
CAS NO. 7727-54-0
Contact the company