Product or Service
China Chlorogenic Acid
Profile:Agent - Agent|Ref:PSL207618YH | Country: China | Currency: usd | Export: No
Origin: From the leaf of the Eucommia Ulmoides Oliver and the flower buds of Lonicera japonica Thunb
Chinese name: lv yuan suan
Chemical name :3-[[3-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)-1-oxo-2-propenyl]oxy]-1,4,5- trihydroxycyclohexanecarboxylic acidOther names:
3-(3,4-Dihydroxycinnamoyl)quinate;3-(3,4-Dihydroxycinnamoyl)quinic acid;3-Caffeoylquinate;3-Caffeoylquinic acid;3-O-Caffeoylquinic acid;Chlorogenate;Chlorogenic acid;Heriguard;Hlorogenate;Hlorogenic acid;3-trans-Caffeoylquinic acid
Method:Tested By HPLCCAS No. :327-97-9Appearance:White fine powder
Odour & Taste: Characteristic,Light
Chemical formula:C16H18O9Molecular mass:354.31 g/mol
Density:1.28 g/cm3.Melting point:207 - 209 °CIntroduction:
Chlorogenic acid, an ester of caffeic acid and quinic acid, is a major phenolic compound in coffee, but is also found widespread in plants and can be isolated from the leaves and fruit . This compound, long known as an antioxidant, also slows the release of glucose into the bloodstream after a meal
1. Has antihypertensive effects: Chlorogenic acid has significant antihypertensive effect, which is smooth, and non-toxic without side effects.
2. Has anti-tumor effects: Modern pharmacological experiments show that chlorogenic acid has the effects of anti-cancer and tumor suppressor.
3. Has the effects of strengthening Kidney and enhancing immune function: experimental results show that chlorogenic acid can excite pituitary and adrenal cortex system and can enhance the function of the adrenal cortex.
4. Is Antioxidant, anti-aging, against free radicals, promoting metabolism
5. Chlorogenic acid has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effects. It decreases blood pressure and increases white blood cells and gastric peristalsis and secretion significantly.
6. Other functions: diuretic, gallbladder, blood fat, fetus protection.
Chlorogenic acid has been proven in animal studies in vitro to inhibit the hydrolysis of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase in an irreversible fashion. This mechanism allows chlorogenic acid to reduce hepatic glycogenolysis (transformation of glycogen into glucose) and to reduce the absorption of new glucose. In addition, in vivo studies on animal subjects have demonstrated that the administration of chlorogenic acid lessens the hyperglycemic peak resulting from the glycogenolysis brought about by the administering of glucagon, a hyperglycemiant hormone. The studies also confirmed a reduction in blood glucose levels and an increase in the intrahepatic concentrations of glucose-6-phosphate and of glycogen.
Storage: Store in cool & dry place, Keep away from strong light and heat.
Shelf life: 24 Months when properly stored.
Contact the company