Product or Service
Organoclay Rheological Additives BP-183B
Profile:Other|Ref:PSL36110YH | Country: China | Export: No
BP-183B is an organo clay (modified bentonite), designed especially for use in solvent based system. It can be used widely in solvents from low polarity to medium-high polarity.
1. High gelling efficiency.
2. Wide application range, it can be applied in all low, middle and high polarity range.
3. Produce reproducible thixotropic consistency over a wide temperature range
4. Imparts particle suspension, preventing hard settling of pigment and fillers.
5. Exerts strong film reinforcing action in organic binder systems.
Organic derivative of a montmorillonite clay
Appearance Fine white powder
Moisture content(105¡æ,2hr) ¡Ü3.5%
Loss on ignition, %(1000¡æ) 28-30%
Bulk density 0.53g/cm3
Fineness (200 mesh) ¡Ý98%
1. Marine paint, Industrial paint, heavy-duty, anticorrosion paint such as bituminous coatings, epoxy paints, chlorinated rubber paints.
5. Unsaturated polyester putty.
BP-183B disperses under high shear and requires a polar activator for best efficiency. Heat is not required to obtain good dispersion. Addition levels are typically in 0.2%~2.0%. Polar activator (95% Ethanol or 95% Methanol) is needed. Normally addition level of polar activator is recommended to be 45%~60% of BP-183B in weight. If in xylene system, addition level of polar activator is about 30%-40% of BP-183B in weight. Pre-gel is made as below procedure.
1. Charge solvent to mill
2. Slowly add BP-183B (6-10% by weight of total pregel) to mill under agitation.
3. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
4. Add polar activator.
5. Mix at high speed for 5 minutes.
Contact the company