Product or Service
Profile:Manufacturer - Producer|Ref:PSL207711YH | Country: China | Currency: | Export: No
Product No.: #1403
Product name: Pterostilbene
1. Source: Polygonum cuspidatum Sieb. Et Zucc
2. Part of the plant used: roots
4. Product description
Pterostilbene, a structural analog of resveratrol, is called the next generation of resveratrol. Pterostilbene was originally isolated from the heartwood of red sandalwood (Pterocarpus santalinus). Its presence in grape vines and blueberries was also reported later. Like resveratrol, Pterostilbene belongs to a class of compounds called phytoalexins. Pterostilbene and resveratrol have very similar pharmacologic, properties, however Pterostilbene has several key advantages over resveratrol, superior biological activity, better oral bioavailability and slower metabolism in the body.
• Strong antioxidant
• May be a potent anti-aging compound
• Potent anti-inflammatory activity
• Prevents neuro-degeneration
• Prevents damage of oxidative stress.
• Mimics calorie restriction
• Improves heart health
• Can be used to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
• Orally active and works to decrease plasma glucose levels in some animals.
• Identified as an antiviral compound with broad target specificity.
• Inhibits expression of certain inflammation-related genes in the colon.
• Potential for cancer chemo-prevention.
Contact the company